The Confraternity of the Holy Ghost was canonically established in the Chapel of Holy Ghost Missionary College, Cornwells Heights, Pennsylvania, on October 8, 1912. By Apostolic Letters of His Holiness Pope Pius XI it was elevated to the rank of an Archconfraternity on June 13, 1922.
A confraternity is an organization created for the purpose of promoting special works of Christian charity or piety and approved by the Church hierarchy. The Confraternity of the Holy Ghost welcomes members of the public who wish:
- To render to the Holy Ghost a special worship of gratitude and love.
- To call down upon the Church, especially on the Pope and the Bishops, as well as upon Missionaries who work for the propagation of the faith, an ever increasing outpouring of the gifts of the Holy Ghost.
To obtain for the members the Grace:
- to act in all things under the guidance and the influence of the Holy Ghost. "For whosoever are led by the Spirit of God, they are the Sons of God." (Romans 8:14)
- to have an abiding sense of the presence of the Holy Ghost within them by sanctifying grace. "Know you not that your members are the Temples of the Holy Ghost, Who is in you." (I. Cor. 6:19)
Permanent Individual $10.00
Permanent Family $20.00
- Members are remembered daily in the prayers of the Holy Spirit Fathers and Brothers.
- A special Mass is offered every Monday for living and deceased members.
- Please make checks payable to: Congregation of the Holy Spirit
Address: Archconfraternity of the Holy Ghost
6230 Brush Run Road
Bethel Park PA 15102